Wednesday, March 10, 2010

100 Squirrels on 100 Square Inches in Loveland



I am very excited about my new project installation in Loveland the micro-ownership virtual/physical art initiative on a piece of land in Detroit. Over 500 people have "inchvested" in the project for $1 per square inch. For my part, I have secured 100 inches in the initial colony in Loveland, and I intend to populate my spaces (physical and the virtual) with my iconic black squirrel street art. How will I incorporate my modest squirrel into this melange of artistic expression? One word: Metal. I am working now at fabricating a whole slew of miniature squirrels to install at the Loveland site sometime this spring. So, my contribution to urban renewal in the auto belt amounts to cheap bouquets of brightly painted miniature metal squirrels. Follow that up with stickers, web content, augmented reality, virtual worlds, and a book on the project, and this starts to shape up as one of the most interesting inter-media pieces that I have created. Check back in this space for more updates as the project moves forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment